On behalf of one of our multinational clients, DutchDare International is recruiting for an Interim Senior Financial Controller. This assignment will start on short notice and will last until & including year-end closing. Full-time availability is required.
- Part of the consolidation and reporting team based in the Amsterdam area
- Frequent contact globally with colleague controllers, tax, legal and general management.
The Senior Financial Controller (SFC) is responsible for timely group and management reporting. The SFC focuses on three key topics: (1) co-responsible for execution of the monthly group and management consolidation and reporting process, (2) tax accounting, filing and transfer pricing, (3) performance and margin analysis as part of monthly reporting.
The SFC reports to the Group Controller and works closely with the Corporate Controllers, Tax, and the Finance Director.
The SFC is responsible for:
- Performance and margin analysis as a part of monthly reporting
- Co-responsible for execution of the monthly group reporting and management reporting, driving timely insights in result developments during the closing process
- Tax accounting, filing and transfer pricing
- Drafting position papers and other supporting evidence for specific accounting and reporting topics (accounting issues, mergers & acquisitions, company liquidations, etc) in line with IFRS
- Preparing year-end audit materials, including the formal statutory accounts, and support external auditors during the audit
- Preparing management reporting to internal stakeholders
- Relevant HBO or Academic degree (Accounting or Business Economics); preferably RA, RC, or an equivalent qualification
- Minimum relevant experience of 10 years
- Ideally big 4 as well as large international corporation experience
- Thorough understanding of IFRS
- Affinity with automation and business process improvements
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with a hands-on business approach
- Fluent in English and Dutch, both verbally and in writing
- AFAS experience is a real pre
- Excellent Excel skills is a must
- Believes in and complies with the Atlas shared values.
- The Senior Financial Controller should have previous experience consolidation, reporting and accounting.
- Concise, details oriented and results driven.
- Hands-on and can-do mentality
- Knows what “good” looks like and can convey this to others
- Agent for change and continuous improvement
- Business travel may be required occasionally
If you know this job should be yours, please send us your English CV right away, including 2 references and motivational letter. This can be done via our secure website. Upon receipt we will send you a confirmation. Not available yourself, but you do know the right candidate? Please refer him/her to our website. Alternatively, for any inquiries, please call +31 85 833 2040
DutchDare International values your privacy and cyber security in general very highly. Before applying, read our Privacy Statement. By applying for this interim assignment, you implicitly confirm that you agree with our statement and the way we process your details (according to GDPR/AVG).