On behalf of one of our clients, DutchDare International is recruiting for a Senior IT Business Analyst. In this role you are reporting to the Regional Lead IT Business Analyst and the Global Business Analyst Manager.
Reporting to the Regional Lead IT Business Analyst within the Global IT Innovation team the Senior IT Business Analyst will develop a deep understanding of both the business and the IT applications and processes which support it. The Senior IT Business Analyst is Customer facing and has outstanding communication skills; being able to explain IT concepts to people at all levels both within and outside our client.
On a day-to-day level the Senior IT Business Analyst works closely with Customers, both internal and external, to understand and document business requirements and from these recommend the most cost effective, efficient IT solutions from our standard suite of applications along with itemised quotations covering all the IT work necessary. Then to communicate these to IT Project Managers, IT Developers and others within the team as required. The Senior IT Business Analyst works at least at a regional level having a network of contacts across and outside our client. The Senior IT Business Analyst will on occasion be expected to assist in running IT projects and as such will have planning and scheduling skills.
The Senior IT Business Analyst may also from time to time undertake set-up and configuration tasks within the IT applications and perform support for end-users as required. As such an all-round knowledge of how the IT applications work at a high level is needed. The Senior IT Business Analyst may however specialize in a particular application and/or functional area becoming the centre of competence/functional lead for these, determining strategy and usage of their area.
Working in an operational site the Senior IT Business Analyst may also occasionally be required to represent IT within their site and provide ad-hoc local guidance and direction to the Business Analysts and other local IT staff also working on-site.
Although site-based the Senior IT Business Analyst will be part of the Global IT organisation and will regularly communicate with members of the team based in other regions and countries. As such excellent spoken and written English language is a key requirement of the role.
- Having an excellent knowledge of how the various IT systems operate and interact with each other, in particular the standard implementations of these systems, knowing their capabilities and limitations.
- Collecting and documenting Business requirements by use of interviews, workshops, site visits, task and workflow analysis
- Working with external customers to understand requirements, presenting IT capabilities, demonstrating our systems and quoting the IT effort needed to create the required solution
- Modelling business requirements and translating to application and operational requirements based on the standard suite of applications
- Where necessary (if standard solutions are not appropriate or existing) creating and documenting functional requirements for new development
- Bridge between the Technical and Business stakeholders, supporting the sales team in the Pre-NPI process and interacting with all involved parties from external customers, senior management through to business operations and other IT teams
- Being hands-on with the IT applications, able to perform top-level set-up and configuration tasks as required and using SQL and other tools to write reports and extract information from the systems
- May be the recognised centre of competence/functional lead for a specific area or module of the IT systems, promoting best practice and training other IT staff in this area.
- Providing 2nd level support for questions and issues which cannot be answered or solved by 1st level support. May be responsible for scheduling, reporting and managing the workload of other IT staff either on a project or day-to-day level
- Is customer facing
- Requires some flexibility to cover time zones (most of the times interaction between NL and European countries, so no time zone difference there)
- This position has no direct reports but gives guidance/mentors IT employees on site
- Requires very good time management skills and ability to multi-tasking
- Experience in the manufacturing, distribution or service industry.
- Experience of managing small projects
- At least 5 years’ experience in IT
- Experience with reverse logistics
- Business Analysis skills – collecting and documenting requirements
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken in both English and Dutch language
- Able to perform to a high level of accuracy when under pressure.
- Well organized and able to work on own initiative
- Uses business knowledge to add value
- Shows customer insight
- Thinks strategically
- Strong presentation skills
- Hands-on skills in IT applications such as ERP or shop-floor
- Leadership and Project Management skills
- Willing to travel if neccessary
If you know this job should be yours, please send us your English CV right away, including 2 references and motivational letter. This can be done via our secure website. Upon receipt we will send you a confirmation. Not available yourself, but you do know the right candidate? Please refer him/her to our website. Alternatively, for any inquiries, please call +31 85 833 2040
DutchDare International values your privacy and cyber security in general very highly. Before applying, read our Privacy Statement. By applying for this interim assignment, you implicitly confirm that you agree with our statement and the way we process your details (according to GDPR/AVG).