On behalf of one of our clients, DutchDare International is recruiting for an Interim Sr. Conduct Risk Manager. This assignment is a gap-fill for the permanent position. Applications for a permanent position will also be taken into account.
Our client is a financial institution
- As a Conduct Risk Manager, you will provide global expertise in Operational Risk methodology and tooling. You will provide expertise and leadership across the Group to develop and embed the operational risk standards in practice and prepare operational risk reports for the Management Board and Supervisory Boar
- Furthermore you support the oversight of special projects and promote a strong risk culture throughout the organization. Your contribution will play a significant part in helping to deliver successful outcomes, covering a range of risk projects, driven by internal transformation, and / or the regulatory change agenda
- You will form sustainable and productive relationships, and work closely with key stakeholders across the organization mas a whole, to embed a risk aware culture and to ensure qualitative risk and control assessment processes are effectively implemented and reported regularly
- Reporting into the Group Risk Officer, the responsibilities of this role will include:
- Become the global thought leader on Conduct Risk & Control;
- Support group level risk management oversight, risk methodology development and establishment of risk management best practices with a key focus on Conduct;
- Set direction for designing more data-driven Conduct Risk MI and liaise with Data Management specialists for realization of data-driven MI;
- Collaborate with Regional Risk teams to establish a common direction between Regions;
- Oversee and report upon the correct and consistent implementation of Conduct Risk policy requirements, monitor and address developing issues as well as regulatory developments with respect to Customer Protection;
- Contribute to an integrated Risk Control framework, covering key operational risks (e.g. IT risk, Model risk, 3rd Party Risk Management, Business Continuity and Conduct risk); and
- Represent the company as SME in industry bodies (such as CRO Forum) on Conduct Risk topics and support our senior executive management when representing the company in international fora on Conduct and Customer Protection
- As Conduct Risk Manager, you are a dedicated team player with a hands-on mentality and results-oriented. You have very strong communication skills with ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical stakeholders. You also have proven influencing and relationship management skills, and you are able to challenge conventional practices and pursue continuous improvement. You have an excellent practical understanding and experience of Conduct Risk and Customer Protection, as well as strong commercial awareness.
Moreover, you have the following qualifications:
- Masters Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- At least 5-7 years experience of which several years in operational or conduct risk management;
- A strong understanding of ORM and Conduct Risk practices, both in the first and the second line;
- Ability to balance business value and resource requirements, matching Conduct Risk & Control standards and business needs considering risk tolerance and affordability;
- An understanding of the key internal control and Conduct Risk industry standards and practices, as well as Customer Protection regulations (global).
- Learn and apply new concepts and demonstrate career self-reliance
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Good communication and relationship management skills;
- Experience in an international corporate setting desirable;
- Fluency in English (both written and oral).
- The ideal candidate will be focused on excellence and delivery, resilient and able to work with many and varied deliverables.
Denk jij aan de functie eisen te voldoen, laat het ons weten. Stuur zo snel mogelijk jouw -op deze vacature toegespitst- CV, uiteraard met motivatie, met twee relevante referenties veilig via onze website. Na ontvangst van jouw gegevens, krijg je een bevestiging per e-mail. In de bijlage vind je een document, waarin beschreven staat hoe wij graag werken. Wij vinden het namelijk belangrijk dat jij weet met wie je in zee gaat en wat jij van ons en wij van jou kunnen verwachten.
Ben je zelf niet beschikbaar, maar ken je iemand die dat wel is en die volgens jou past op het functie profiel, wil je de opdracht dan doorsturen of contact met ons opnemen? Bij voorbaat bedankt!
Heb je behoefte aan meer informatie, bel dan met ons Recruitment team, 085 833 2040.
DutchDare International vindt privacy en cyber security erg belangrijk. Lees dan ook eerst ons Privacy Statement. Met het inschrijven en/of reageren op een opdracht of vacature ga je expliciet akkoord met de verwerking van je persoonsgegevens door ons.